Link alternatif AsianBookie.com: | asianbookie6.com |  asianbookie.uk | (Bookmark CTRL+D)

SBOTOP

bet365 - Best Live Odds on All Asian Handicaps. - SIGN UP NOW!

M88.com

Main Menu | Preferences | Search | Register | Log In

Registered Forum Members: 270890 and growing!

SEPT 2011 - (INDONESIA) Sarikan and Pegadungan ---------- Completed - AsianBookie.Com Forums

AB CHARITY Projects Archive 
 Main Menu > AB CHARITY Projects Archive > SEPT 2011 - (INDONESIA) Sarikan and Pegadungan ---------- Completed

» CHAT Now! « [ 99 Chatters Online ]
Search | Register | Log In
 ( Page 1 )  Go to Last Post    
Posted By Topic: SEPT 2011 - (INDONESIA) Sarikan and Pegadungan ---------- Completed       - Views: 1831
Gentlepleas
08-Sep 2011 Thursday 11:22 PM (4615 days ago)               #1
*Diamond Member*

Liked By: 8440
Followers: 23

Tipsters
Championship:
Player has
not started

Click to view more

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Project in Indonesia

060911 - 090911

Address: Jl. Peta Utara No.29A Pegadungan Kec. Kalideres - Jakarta Barat 11830

---------------------------------------------------

Good Day Team SOUL,

We visited an orphanage which specialize in caring for children with Down Syndrome and Autism. A total of 99 children reside here and is looked after by 22 staff.

When i came down the vehicle several children came forward to shake my hands, one tried to give me a hand massage and there after asked for some loose change. Another just look at me and smiled. One was holding a wrapper alike a lottery ticket and asked whether i was interested to purchase a ticket from him.

The conditions of these children are real as they have almost no recollection in who their parents are and only the memories of what they were made to do for a living by either a syndicate or perhaps self-imposed while trying to survive. I can't imagine if one of us were put in this condition how we would likely fare.

At first, i was wondering why they need 22 staff to run an orphanage? When we had passed the dry supplies to them, they haul all of it to a storeroom and soon, it was time for them to have their meals. This is where all 22 staff were needed to be present. We understand from their administrator that the more difficult ones need to be fed as they might accidentally throw the meal everywhere or may have difficulty using utensils.

I was very enlightened to see them wash up before meals which show that hygiene is still present in their minds. You can see the several photos taken while they were fed. Many staff helped feed the children and this is done 3 times daily. We managed to see the dormitories which they were housed in.

In one dorm, i only saw mattresses and tiles which clearly divide the space in between each mattress. Was told that the more mentally challenged are placed in this room as they will destroy everything that their hands can grab as a result it cost a lot of monies to maintain the furniture. At times, the soft board ceilings will be breached and broken into pieces. In adverse cases, they might even play with their feces.

I can't show any photos of this dorm but by relating to all, you MUST know, we are very blessed to be alive and can function as normal beings. Most will pity their plight and sympathize them. I see the human will to survive, a much challenging one for all those that reside in this shelter and those in service to their well-being.

With sponsors from AB Charity, Friends from HIH (Hand in Hand), we ordered 130 packets of cooked food and fulfill a supply list furnished by the orphanage. Receipts will be presented in another thread.

Your's truly, GP.

This message was edited by Gentlepleas on 13-Sep-2011 @ 2:22 AM

AsianBookie Tipsters Championship
Member of Team:
AB Charity
(Est. Apr 2012)

Team Ranked: #17 - Team Score (Top 50 Members): AB$ 7,179,375 Total Members: 122

Gentlepleas
11-Sep 2011 Sunday 11:40 PM (4612 days ago)            #2
*Diamond Member*

Tipsters
Championship:
Player has
not started

Click to view more

---------------------------------------------------------------

Sarikan (INDONESIA)

070911 – 080911

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Good Day Team AB Charity,

En-route to Sarikan, we stop by at an orphanage named 'Bhakti Luhur' in Pontianak, INDONESIA, as we need to help deliver 2 wheelchairs for 2 very special kids. Their names are Ebet(Yellow T-shirt) and Imanuel(Black Stripe T-shirt), age 3 and 6 years old. Both suffer from a disease that causes the head to swell. There are 387 causes for this illness and their type is Aacase I Symptom. It’s a case of a swollen brain and water retention in the head. They only can consume liquid food.

Ebet had gone through 2 operations. One is to widen his mouth to allow easy consumption of food and another a nose to help breathe better. The wheel chairs will help these kids sit better and allow easier feeding for the Sisters / Caretakers as they will become too heavy to lift when they grow older. However several modifications are needed to position them properly as their bone structure is very frail. We took measurements for Imanuel first as he is able to sit better and had already sent the wheelchair to the carpenter. As for Ebet, he still needs to wait 2 – 3 years before he can use a wheel chair.

Many people would pity and sympathize these 2 kids. However, I see their existence serve 3 very important lessons.

One, reminding us that normality should not be taken for granted. If given their condition, we are not able to function humanly, enjoy the things we have, love our loved ones, travel to places we never been before.

Two, their spirit to stay alive is a good example of resilience. In the modern world, with chosen professions, we strive towards better living and being resilient is a part of everyday life.

Three, anyone in service to these 2 kids will receive important lessons on patience and loving unconditionally.

Upon completing this task, we headed to Sarikan. It’s good to see Sister Gratia again as she is a living example of resilience as well. She single handedly transform a piece of empty land to a church of awe. We wanted to get more information in how we can aid better for the poor families in this area. She gave us clear indication that a proper education center complete with living quarters is necessary and to support this purpose, she is prepared to give 2 hectares of land.

I am very encouraged by this gesture and was told that there will be 2 persons who will help with this project. They are Mr Andreas, a doctor specialize in children philosophy and Chris, a degree holder in ergonomics. I am very humbled by their presence because their specialties will serve different aspects of the children's growth but all contributing towards the same purpose. We exchanged ideas and manage to conclude in a few things. I will elaborate them in SOUL Foundation discussions.

After gathering all these good thoughts, I headed back to Jakarta to meet Miss Ari, a principle for a Montessori school. Learnt more about the Montessori teaching / learning methods, did an observation for a class and realized it can be easily applied to the education system in Sarikan. Overall, I am happy we had received so many positive news in different fronts.

Visiting Sarikan in Jan 2012 will begin formal preparations. A survey will be conducted on the land parcel, we will have the 2 hectares marked out, look into the irrigation, electricity connection, drainage, floor plans and accommodate a Montessori learning environment. The next stage to ensure all infrastructure operate with the well being of it's recipients and staff in terms of safety. It's exciting times ahead and we are just getting started.

Your's truly, GP.

This message was edited by Gentlepleas on 13-Sep-2011 @ 3:09 AM

Member of Team:
AB Charity
(Est. Apr 2012)

Team Ranked: #17 - Team Score (Top 50 Members): AB$ 7,179,375 Total Members: 122
Gentlepleas
11-Sep 2011 Sunday 11:40 PM (4612 days ago)            #3
*Diamond Member*

Tipsters
Championship:
Player has
not started

More info coming up......

Member of Team:
AB Charity
(Est. Apr 2012)

[Go Back to Top]
 Main Menu > AB CHARITY Projects Archive > SEPT 2011 - (INDONESIA) Sarikan and Pegadungan ---------- Completed

Change Timezone:   

5. H_M ms

AsianBookie.com Forums Home | Back to AsianBookie.com

© Copyright 1998-2024 AsianBookie.Com - All rights reserved.
Advertise Feedback WAP Privacy Policy Terms of Service